Friday, May 9, 2008

On work, weight loss and inspiring people

So I skipped track workout yesterday because I'm still trying to catch up a bit at work. Blech. I'm pretty ok with it though because I'm still sore from last Saturday (yes I owe you a race report for that).

Speaking of last week, I've lost 7.0 pounds since Tuesday morning (3 days), my body is releasing all the water and salt that it's been holding onto from the race. Hope more comes off, I've really packed on some weight since I left for Ironman.

Below is an excerpt from my buddy Bryan Jacobs, who is another person I suckered...err encouraged to complete a long distance event. He is training for a marathon in Alaska June 21st through Team in Training...
I have to say - this has been an extremely rewarding experience. I have been fortunate to do this with my girlfriend, and last night we were doing a CASUAL 7 mile run both reflecting on the first 2 miles we ran less than 4 months ago. We were dying, we were in pain, I couldn't even run the whole thing. Now, I'm casually doing 7 miles, and this weekend will be AGAIN, the longest I've ever ran. It's an exhilarating feeling, and wouldn't have been pursued without your newsletter updates.
Letters like that always give me a lift...it makes me realize my actions have farther-reaching consequences then I can sometimes see.

1 comment:

Jennywenny said...

I hope you're going to come and inspire the ACE team tomorrow, we're all missing you and your positive attitude and funny comments!!