Thursday, May 29, 2008

This past week's workouts....

Friday 5/23-swam 1100y, using the new techniques Coach Luke taught me. It was tough to pace myself, and I had to rest every 150y or so, but overall I was still faster than normal even with the stopping. I really want to hit the pool and work on this more but my job is still killing me so it's hard to work swims into my day.

Saturday 5/24-Final prep day with Team in Training for the Tahoe century ride. Most of the ACE team rode with the C team, 42 miles. It was nice to ride fast and flat instead of grinding up a mountain at 5mph.

Sunday/Monday 5/25-5/26-Still feeling pretty blah, just did a bunch of walking to burn calories and keep my leg muscles loose.

Wednesday 5/28-I was supposed to run 90 minutes, but only ran 60. It was tough at first, with my knees hurting. Oh well, it was better than nothing. I need to keep my run going, I want to have a good showing at Vineman in July.
Also during my post-run stretch I noticed my knee still hurts from where I fell on my bike at Wildflower. More like a twinge, but it is still noticable.

Thursday morning 5/29-I actually felt good this morning when I woke up. First time in months, it feels like. Hopefully I am almost over whatever this "thing" is that's been making me feel like garbage (since February) and I can get back on my training plan.

No comments: