Sunday, June 8, 2008

Solanamar-ugh and no more Deathride


Today the ACE team rode from the Solana Beach train station up Palomar Mountain. 50 miles, 6 hours. 9,500 feet of climbing per my Garmin but it looks more like 7k to me. Click the picture on the right for a larger view.
When I reached the top I was so loopy I didn't want to risk crashing on the way down so I got SAGged in. I had a massive headache for about an hour, and once that cleared up I realized my knees were killing me too. I decided that I've missed too much training to finish this Deathride thing so I need to drop out. Hopefully I can salvage enough training to have a good showing at Vineman in 6 weeks. My totals for the week look pretty dismal. I'm hoping I can get away from work a bit next week and step it up.
Swim-0 yards (I'll need to do more)
Bike-85 miles
Run-9 miles

No comments: