Monday, September 8, 2008

America's Finest City half-marathon 8/17/08

This is just a quick update as I am trying to get caught up with my blogging. I thought this race was great! This was my first official "half-marathon"...all the other times I've run 13.1 miles there have been a bunch of swimming and biking right beforehand. I ended up running it in 2:40, which is a PR for me but I'm surprised that it took me that long when I ran the distance at the Wildflower Long course in 2:52 (a tough run course with a tough bike beforehand). Oh well a PR is a PR. I saw lots of friends and acquaintances out there and overall had a blast.
Also, lesson learned: 1/2 marathon aid stations aren't stocked with food like the 1/2 ironman aid stations are. I had about 300 calories with me, luckily I saw Dana and Penny around mile 9 and they graciously shared some food and salt tabs with me.
I definitely want to do this one again next year.

No comments: