Friday, September 26, 2008

Refocus on my training...and what cartoon character are you related to?

With all my running injuries (feels like shin splints and plantar fascitis (sp?) and IT band issues all rolled up into one) I have come to terms with what my Ironman run is going to look like...a 26.2 mile walk, with some jogging interspersed here and there. So I am going to start walking as much as possible to get used to the feel and to get extra miles in. Today I had a good excuse, my roommate's car wouldn't start so I let her use my truck and I walked to work, about 3.5 miles. Tonight I'll take the long way home and try to make it 9 or 10 miles for the day.

I feel that if I traced my lineage back I would find Popeye somewhere in my bloodline. Every time I start ramping up my swim volume my forearms become more noticably massive. Not something cool like my shoulders or biceps, but my forearms. Are women attracted to big forearms? Now all I need is an anchor tattoo and a corncob pipe...

No comments: