Friday, September 12, 2008

Anatomy of a missed workout

The good news: I ran my 2 hours on Wednesday without making my blisters worse. I just took it slow and threw in a bunch of walking. 9.25 miles total. I would have liked to go further but I'm not going to beat myself up for that.

The bad news: I missed my Thursday night track workout. I see a definite pattern with these missed workouts. Here's how it went down yesterday:
8am-noon: looking forward to the workout
Noon: start getting a headache and feeling tired
Noon-4pm: headache gets worse. I feel like someone is stabbing me in the back of the eyes.
4pm: go home and lie down, fall asleep until 7:30
7:30-wake up still feeling headachy and groggy. I try to gather the energy to go swim but it never happens.
So then since I took a nap I'm unable to fall asleep until about 4am. Ugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well, I just finished reading your blogspot, and really got a kick out of it...especially the part about when Dana was changing her 2nd flat tire of the day (not because of that, poor thing) but because of the fact that when she saw you, then she REALLY knew how far behind she was. Also, the part about Katie jumping up and down a mile from the finish line...You didn't know whether she was just happy to see you, or whether she had to go to the bathroom!!! How funny you are!!!

I think what all of you are doing is just great, and what a great support group you all have. I'm sure you are an inspiration to many of them, too, even tho you aren't as fast. You will get there, all in good time. You get better each time.

Sorry you are having such foot issues...Should we be investing in Johnson & Johnson??? (for band-aids)

Keep up the good work...What a good thing you are doing for yourselves, each other and charities. Every bit helps.
Mom